Treasure Map is the 12th episode of Uncle Grandpa season 1, and the 12th overall episode of the series.
Uncle Grandpa, Pizza Steve, Belly Bag, Mr. Gus, and Giant Realistic Flying Tiger all eat at a restaurant and find out they do not have enough money to pay. In order to pay, they must go on a treasure hunt to find the treasure necessary to pay for the meal.
The episode starts off with the UG gang having a dinner out at Captain Blowhole's Seafood Restaurant. Mr. Gus comments on how strange they all are for not getting seafood dishes at a seafood restaurant. The waitress brings them their checks, but unfortunately everyone forgot their wallet. Mr. Gus tells them they all have to wash dishes to pay for their meal, but the rest of the gang was not having that.
Uncle Grandpa picks up the activity place mat on the table and says that they can use the treasure map to find the treasure they need to pay for their meal. Mr. Gus doubts it'll work, but everyone else seemed on board. They had Tiger stay and watch the table while everyone else went under the table to begin the adventure. Uncle Grandpa and Pizza Steve dig a hole under the table while Mr. Gus worries about how weird they look.
Uncle Grandpa and Pizza Steve successfully dig a hole completely under ground, all the while chucking dirt at Mr. Gus. They finally reach a brick wall, which Uncle Grandpa cuts down using his propeller hat. After cutting down the brick wall, they end up in a sewer, which Uncle Grandpa believes is the destination on the map called "Root Beer River".
Mr. Gus tries to inform them that it's a sewer, but no one seems to listen or care about what he's saying, insisting that it's a river made of root beer. Mr. Gus follows along with them despite not agreeing with them and they all end up in a subway, which Uncle Grandpa believed was "The Lost City of Fish-Lantis" like the map says.
Again, Mr. Gus tries to explain it's a subway, but they ignore him and start to dig a hole on the ceiling. Through the hole, they end up inside a bank vault, which Uncle Grandpa believes is "Captain Blowhole's Underwater Laser Light Show". Uncle Grandpa, Pizza Steve, and Belly Bag party it up by dancing and touching all the security sensors.
Meanwhile, the waitress approaches Tiger and asks her if she'd like anything. At first, Tiger declines, but when the waitress informs her about the steak smoothies they have, Tiger begins to order a bunch of them. Both the waitress and Tiger are oblivious to the rest of the UG gang running around outside being chased by cops.
Uncle Grandpa and the rest of the gang are able to outrun the cops and end up back in and underground tunnel. Uncle Grandpa takes a look at the map to see where they need to go next. At first, Uncle Grandpa looks skeptical about the map, which Mr. Gus is relieved that he finally might actually be listening to Mr. Gus's reason. However, Uncle Grandpa admitted that what he found wrong with the map was the fact that it was upside down, not the fact it was an activity place mat. This angers Mr. Gus. Mr. Gus goes on a rampage as he rips up the map and stomps on it. His stomping accidentally causes the floor beneath them to crumble and they fall and land on a pirate ship.
Uncle Grandpa scolds Mr. Gus for ripping up the map, but before they could do anything else they are greeted by Captain Blowhole himself. Uncle Grandpa pulls an "I told you so" on Mr. Gus. Captain Blowhole assumes they are there for the treasure, so he informs them that they must answer a riddle correctly before he gives them the treasure. When he gives them the riddle, Mr. Gus and Uncle Grandpa go back and forth amongst themselves about what the correct answer is.
Mr. Gus wants to present a more practical answer, but Uncle Grandpa insists it is the weird answer. After some debating and thinking, Mr. Gus gives Captain Blowhole the weird answer. Much to his surprise, the weird answer is the correct answer and they all receive a coupon for a free meal at the restaurant. They all proceed back to the restaurant and Uncle Grandpa excitedly presents the coupon to the waitress. The waitress tells them that it certainly covers their meal, but it does not cover the mountain of steak smoothies Tiger ordered.
After going through all of that, they end up having to wash dishes to pay for all the steak smoothies.
- This is the first episode to contain subtitles, Tiger said "I have a problem".
- Ironically, the gang goes to a sea food restaurant and not eat sea food, except for Mr. Gus.
- Pizza Steve apparently has money in the stock market.
- Uncle Grandpa is seen digging holes from his song in Uncle Grandpa Sings the Classics.
- The lost city of Fishlantis is a pun of the mythological lost city of Atlantis.
- The reasonable answer to the riddle would be the ocean, the answer to the riddle is "spaghetti fish sandwich". This is based on what the gang were eating for dinner at the restaurant. Uncle Grandpa had spaghetti, Mr. Gus had a fish and Tiger had a sandwich.
- The alligator following the ship is a reference to Peter Pan's Tic Tock Crocodile.
- This is the second episode that doesn't contain a short.
- The moral of the episode is you sometimes you have to embrace the weird.
- Davy Jones Lobster Locker is a reference to "Davy Jones Locker".
- Running Gags:
- Mr. Gus trying to act normal.
- Dirt being thrown at Mr. Gus' face.
- The guys besides Mr. Gus thinking the places in the map are actually real.
- Uncle Grandpa digging holes.
- Mr. Gus suggesting that they should wash dishes to pay for their meal.
- When Uncle Grandpa holds the treasure map for the first time, the only area on the map that they go to is the root beer river.
- There were diamonds and gems in the underground tunnel, they could've used those to pay for the bill.
- When Uncle Grandpa shows Fishlantis on the map, it takes up the entire map.
- The cop car is driving faster that the guys running from the restaurant window.
- There's only one cop car following them.
- It took the guys 2 seconds to fall onto Captain Blowhole's ship when it should've taken longer.